OUR VISION, MISSION AND VALUES
The Hubbell-Waterman Foundation envisions a growing, thriving and compassionate Quad City Community whose strengths are in education innovation, its quality of life and its commitment to fostering economic opportunities.
The Hubbell-Waterman Foundation is a leading partner investing in Culture and the Arts, Education and the Social Welfare of the Quad Cities Community by funding capital construction projects and providing operational grants designed to build capacity.
These values guide how we achieve our mission
- By working collaboratively in partnerships with other exempt and governmental organizations we can better leverage our resources to benefit our community.
- We believe in the continuous reinvestment in and improvement of our Community.
- Generosity is contagious and should be encouraged in others.
- Philanthropy is a process grounded in continual learning.
- Integrity, transparency and accountability will guide our commitments.
- Being inclusive makes our community stronger by promoting better decision-making.
- Being an environmentally sensitive foundation, the Web will be our preferred communication vehicle, thereby limiting the use of paper products.
AREAS OF FOCUS
Culture and the Arts. We believe in:
- Supporting the visual and performing arts
- Supporting the preservation and public presentation of culture and the arts that add knowledge and value to the lives of the citizens of our community
Education. We believe in:
- Creating educational opportunities during pre-kindergarten through grade twelve
- Promoting the effectiveness of teaching
- Strengthening before and after school and summer learning opportunities
- Involving parents in the schools
- Creating job training opportunities in collaboration with community colleges
- Creating awareness through environmental education
Social Welfare. We believe in:
- Supporting tax exempt organizations which promote self-sufficiency in their clients
- Supporting programs for at-risk and low-income families that help achieve stability and self-sufficiency
- Supporting the delivery of affordable health and wellness services in our community